- Sage HR Africa Training Business Partners Price List 2014
- Sage HR Africa Training End User Price List 2014
Duration: 1 day
This workshop revolves around a monthly/weekly checklist comprising of all the steps required in order to complete a pay run. This checklist forms an integral part of the daily routine of the payroll administrator.
All new VIP users must attend the Basic workshop. This workshop introduces the user to the VIP system covering every important aspect ranging from the basic functions of the VIP system to the more advanced topics every user should know and understand to complete a pay run successfully.
- Monthly/weekly payroll checklist covering basic steps of a pay run
- Adding new employees on the VIP System
- Processing current increases
- Entering earnings, deductions and company contributions
- Defining and using time saving utilities including batches
- Checking input to ensure accurate payment of employees
- Entering leave transactions
- Handling terminations correctly on the VIP system
- Printing payslips and reports
- Starting a new period
BIM Report Manager Workshop
Duration: 1 day
The purpose of this workshop is to familiarise you with the VIP BIM Report Manager tool so that you are able to create your own customised reports and are able to make use of MS Excel functions to manipulate the VIP payroll and/or HR data into a meaningful and manageable format.
- Add a new report: The Report Manager tool allows you to create customised reports and displays the information in MS Excel.
- Add parameters for the report: Parameters can be added to the reports to print only selected employees, e.g. sort employee per department or print employees for selected branches.
- Use Excel functions to create customised reports: Once the report has been run, the data will be available in MS Excel. You are able to use MS Excel functions to create standard MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Use pivot tables in MS Excel: Pivot table reports are an MS Excel automated function that allow you to organise and summarise your data into a table format that makes sense and is easy to understand.
- Create and link a template: Once the data in MS Excel is in the required format you can link the spreadsheet as a template. When the report is run the data will automatically be displayed in the linked template format.
- Create union reports: When a report is created, data fields from only one data container can be selected. You are able to combine the data from more than one data container by creating a union report. A union report enables you to select multiple reports to display the information as one report.
Duration: 1 day
This workshop details all the features of the Leave module and indicates how these functions can be utilised in different scenarios. Functions such as, defining leave types and splitting of leave transactions over pay periods are discussed.
- Using the Leave Control screen to define up to 30 different types of leave
- Indicating public holidays on the Leave Calendar
- Defining methods of calculation to calculate leave entitlement for employees
- Using batches to capture leave transactions
- Splitting leave transactions over pay periods for provision purposes
- Entering leave transactions on the employee’s Leave Day screen
- Creating customised leave reasons to identify leave trends
- Using the system to warn you if an employee takes more leave than available
- Using reference numbers to reference leave application forms
- Ensuring effective leave management by understanding the standard leave reports
Personnel History Workshop
Duration: 1/2 Day
This course covers relevant topics regarding human resource procedures, as well as how to implement them efficiently within your organisation. Coding structures and system features are explained through practical case studies and exercises. Ample ideas on how various screens can be used to benefit your company are provided.
- How to keep record of all company owned vehicles
- Document all interviews conducted with employees such as initial interviews, disciplinary enquiries and hearings, grievances, appraisal interviews and exit interviews
- Recording general medical examinations
- Keeping track of different items issued to employees
- Accurate recording of all training and development interventions
- Learn to optimise the Problem screen
- Recording membership and status of professional bodies and unions
- Keeping detailed record of family members and next of kin
- Customising personnel history reports